· Joint paper with Joel called ‘what makes us moral’?
· Working on a paper with Ezequiel in response to Conant and Ashby, 1970, “Every Good Regulator of a System Must be a Model of that System”
· Working on my written output from my research with Igor
· Serving on programme committee of AISB Machine Consciousness Symposium 2011
· Helping arrange publicity for CEP 2011 conference
· Working out what to do next after my postdoc grant expires
· My postdoc grant with Igor now runs to end Feb.
· Preparing for teaching Philosophy of Mind again (first lecture
· Writing paper on Colour and the Mind-Body Problem for the Open Sessions of
· the Joint Session.
· Completed paper with Tom Froese for submission to Humana.Mente journal special issue. ‘On an inter-enactive approach to agency.’
· Completed paper with Denis Roche (student at Goldsmiths) on ‘Does an artificial agent need to be conscious to have ethical or legal status?’ – submitted to conference in Tilburg, mid April.
· Completed abstract for Machine Consciousness 2011 on ‘Would a super-intelligent AI necessarily be (super-)conscious?’ – under review.
· Invited to be guest speaker at University of Twente, April 2011
· Selected for place as delegate at EUCogII special meeting on ‘Challenges for Cognitive Systems’, Zurich 28-30
· (With Ron C and Robert C): lots of work on Machine Consciousness Workshop at AISB 2011, York, April. Funding bid from EUCogII for 8800 eur was successful.
· Invited to programme committee for AISB 2011 workshop on ‘Toward a comprehensive artificial intelligence test’