Important note: in future please post updates directly to the blog. If you need help doing this, please ask for some.
- Working on 2 proposals to Euro commission in Brussells – melodics and consciousness.
- Starting post doc in January.
- Talking on ideas based on recent publications related to research subject.
- In Oxford last week for the Winter Intelligence Conference.
- Involved in research group on self and another on mind and agency and logic in Portugal.
- Working to get MC meeting in AISC.
- More work on putting together the COGS Seminar programme for the coming term and beyond.
- More work on MC2011.
- Submitted an abstract for a new book on The Singularity: A Scientific and Philosophical Assessment. (ed. A. Eden, et al.)
- Attended a workshop in Oxford to discuss a book draft by Nick Bostrom on Intelligence Explosion: Groundwork for Strategic Analysis.
- Organized and spoke at an impromptu COGS seminar (put on because a scheduled speaker dropped out) on Social Implications of a Future Intelligence Explosion (other speakers were Rob Clowes, Blay Whitby and Mike Beaton).