· COGS Visiting Research Fellow from Lancaster – PhD student researching creative methods used by designers in early stages of the design process.
· Settling in.
· Reading up on Libet’s experiments and his own position – a dualism.
· Read Martine Nida -Rümelin paper Pseudonormal Vision.
· Wrote paper on ethics of use of AI – chatbots in medical applications in particular.
· Agreed to give 3 talks in Sweden at beginning of December.
· Met Igor and Catherine Wilkins re. post-doc business.
· Writing more on contrasting enactive theory with integrated information theory.
· Extending research proposal.
· Working on website and call for papers for AISB Machine Consciousness Symposium in York next year.
· Thinking about Newcombe’s problem, including relating it to Libet’s studies (thought of this years ago, as did Peter Slezak, but considering some new ideas).
· Thinking about Mike’s comment, and Froese and Gallagher’s (2010) comments, about the implications of the model in Izquierdo-Torres and Di Paolo’s 2005 paper. Can it do any philosophical work that, say, Braitenberg vichicles cannot?